Tuesday, January 17, 2012

pumpkin love


I don't care that it's not fall anymore, I have to say this.

I love everything pumpkin.

pies, breads, muffins, bagels....

...I think I just drooled on the keyboard.

I especially love Twisters Frozen Custard's Pumpkin Pie Twister. It's frozen custard blended with an ENTIRE PIECE of WARM pumpkin pie. And it's topped with whipped cream and cinnamon, of course.

Seriously, it's the best thing you'll ever taste.

And it's roughly 23,409,834,520,349 calories.

That's why, when I found this pumpkin pie protein shake recipe, I knew I had to try it, and STAT.

The recipe called for some things I didn't have, so I adapted it to what I had on hand (and it was still just as tasty!)

But first, I have to make a confession:

I hate protein drinks. I don't think hate is a strong enough word for what I feel. I drank the pre-made chocolate ones (note: my mom drinks these regularly and doesn't think they're too bad!) religiously before the wedding, and now just thinking about them makes me want to yak. Or eat a piece of really, really greasy pizza.

But this shake, this wonderfully delicious pumpkiny shake, is nothing like those pre-wedding nasties. This, my friends, is amazing.





Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake
adapted from Dashing Dish

2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbs. truvia
1/2 cup milk
2 handfuls of ice

Throw it all in a blender and voila!

*things that I wanted to add but didn't have on hand:
- 2 tbsp cool whip
- 1/2 cup low fat greek yogurt with honey

As I prepared it, this shake had 340 calories and 54 grams of protein.... FIFTY FOUR GRAMS, people. And it tasted delicious to boot!


mmmm... I might just make another one for dessert.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pre-made blog design © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.