Saturday, September 17, 2011

lazy saturday crafting

After a loooong (I'm telling' ya, it was long) Friday full of lesson planning, I was itching for some quality time with my hot glue gun. I dragged the Dear Fiance to the Hob Lob (actually, he was more than willing, because he also had a project in mind) and picked up the supplies for a few crafty things.

I showed this link to the mister, and he loved the idea.



So we picked up two of these baskets and went to work. It was NOT as easy to mount these puppies as we anticipated. I would have taken pictures of the process but we were both about to throw the baskets across the room. And pull our hair out. And kick ourselves for even thinking about trying this. After about an hour of struggling, we ended up with...



...this. We're pretty darn obsessed with our animals, I'd say.



Noodles took to it right away :)



Sprinkles was not as sure... We'll see if it grows on her.



After that ordeal, I was ready to be done with projects for the day, but I pushed through and started on a wreath for our front door. I'd been thinking about making a non-seasonal wreath for a while now, but am just now getting around to it. This one will more than likely be replaced by a Autumn themed one soon... but it was a quick and easy project, so I don't mind :)



I painted both our building and apartment number, but I decided to only use the apartment number on the final product.



On the front door :) Please ignore the hideous paint scratch on the door. It was definitely there before we moved in...



Come back tomorrow for more crafty things... I've got some Fall home decor ideas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pre-made blog design © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.