Sunday, September 4, 2011

okay okay.

I know it has been an eternity since my last post. And for that I'm sorry. So this post is for those who have been HARASSING me for weeks to post again. Here. you. go. So what has been consuming my life for the past month and a half?



Well, I spend 23 of the 24 hours in a day staring at this beauty, which could be one reason I haven't blogged lately...



OR it could be the fact that we're getting married in 41 days. Remember that pretty desk we remodeled? Yep, it's become a catch-all for all things wedding.



Planning a wedding in 8 weeks has brought out my creative side. And the crazy one too, obviously.



And I can't forget this handsome devil. He was gone for 2ish weeks at the beginning of the month, so we've spent the last couple of weekends laying around doing absolutely nothing. Wonderful. But not productive at all.

DESPITE all of these goings-on, I have managed to get a couple tiny fun projects done.

First, I saw this idea on the amazing Miss Brittany's blog, and I just had to steal it! The Dear Fiancé and I have a mason jar that we've been tossing all of our spare change in, so I thought...

...why not use the change to pay for some of the things on our bucket list?! Here's what we came up with:









We included "Get married" on our bucket list just to be cheeky. Too bad the change in this jar won't pay for the wedding ;)

Thanks again to my lovely bridesmaid for the idea :)

So we're just finally getting all the way settled into the new place (that we moved into in... JULY....ridiculous). My parents were nice enough to donate a TV to the Mitch-and-Sarah-are-poor fund, along with the bracket to wall-mount it!


Well, it has been mounted since July 1st (it was a high priority item for Dear Fiancé, imagine that), but those yucky cords just were not cutting it for me. And, yes, I am watching Elf in September. I just couldn't wait any longer. Those of you who know me know that it's amazing I made it this long.

I ran to Hobby Lobby and picked up a basket, floral foam, and some silk flowers/branches/wheat (50% off, baby!), and came up with this:



Note: I announced to Dear Fiancé that I was putting Elf in the DVD player and he responded, "Fine, but I'm not watching it." Alright. Okay. LIES.



And this is where I'll leave you for now. Happy? Hope so.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am overjoyed at this post!! I have been needing some Sarah in my life and you just made it happen. I love all your cute-sie sayings and I'm glad you did the bucket list too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pre-made blog design © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.