Monday, September 19, 2011

I've been so excited to try this project for a while now. I found the idea here and couldn't wait to put my own twist on it.

When we were at Hobby Lobby this weekend we picked up a large (I guesstimated the size I thought would look nice in our bedroom...) canvas at 40% off. I also bought some chipboard letters and numbers of various sizes and fonts. I spent a little quality time with the hot glue gun...



Then I asked the Dear Fiancé to hit it with a few coats of white spray paint. If you know me at all, you know it's a good thing that I leave the spray painting to the mister. A few coats turned into five or six...but it was worth it!



here's what we ended up with :) I added some lyrics from our first dance song (spoiler, sorry!), and our wedding date. I just couldn't wait until after the wedding to put it on the wall, though!

Side Note: I picked up two sets of 26 chipboard letters thinking it would be enough for this project. It, my friends, was not. We even drove back across town to pick up another pack of letters, but I had bought the last two that day. Ugh! I was not patient enough to wait the two weeks for another box to come in, so I crafted a "y" out of a "v" and part of a "c"... can you tell which one it is?



Let's talk about this pillow for a second. I'm just in love.

I wish I could say that I made it, but I actually picked it up when it was on sale at Pier One. I don't think it's the mister's favorite pillow, as it usually ends up being a prop for one of his dirty jokes. Boys.



I forgot to pick up anything to hang the canvas with, but I found some picture hanging strips in my "toolbox" that worked just fine (it's still on the wall, at least). Hope you give this easy project a try!

1 comment:

Pre-made blog design © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.